October 18, 2008

Busy Weekends



Weekends are always busy.
MOTH (man of the house) has only Saturday off and with so much to do around the house, time without being harassed by the trio of children is impossible.

This is making knitting progress far slower than I would like.
I want all my current projects finished yesterday, so that I can start all the new projects I keep finding and desperately wanting to create, today.

Today, Sunday in NZ, I am trying to focus on the sleeves to master 4's Stripped Jersey.


Progress has been slow due to lack of Cooperation.
Miss 1 has resisted her cot for her morning sleep.
Miss 2.5 and master 4, when they are not hurting each other, mostly accidentally, are demanding attention for food, stories and toileting (miss 2.5 new thing).

I don't want to be called mummy or mum today, I have heard it every 5 sec since I got up.

Yesterday MOTH built a new gate to keep the trio in as the other one had nearly shattered to pieces in the frequent wind gusts it had endured over the last few years.

Master 4 wants to use my precious wool for his kite he tells me he is making.
He can not find string and being quick to improvise thinks wool will do the job nicely.

Bad news for him - mummy doesn't think so!

Now both master 4 and miss 2.5 are wildly trying to glue everything in sight with glue sticks and miss 1 who has boomeranged out of her cot again is trying to draw on the cat - that was until she saw the other two's creations on the table.

Children with the desire and need to create - can't understand how it happened.

Master 4 is requesting for dad to make a bed for his teddy and for me to make blankets out of wool.

I am not sure when he thinks his requests will be fulfilled.

As much as I would like to be able to knit in my sleep, alas, I am not that good yet!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean "knit in your sleep"? I didn't think you had time to sleep! Master 4yr olds sweater is coming along very nicely. I'm loving those large stripes, the colours a great and will suit him beautifully.

sweetp said...

I love the stripes too. I wish I could knit in my sleep...oh my goodness I'm getting giddy just thinking about how much I would get done